Key statistics to have come from the ATO’s latest quarterly SMSF report include:
- The total number of SMSFs increased by 30,723 from 526,275 to 556,998.
- The total number of SMSF members increased by 58,219 from 991,621 to breach the one million mark at 1,049,840.
- The total value of SMSF assets decreased from $600,276 million to $589,911 million.
- Total borrowings increased from $13,328 million to $13,496 million.
- Total other liabilities increased from $4,556 million to $4,613 million.
- Total net assets decreased from $582,392 million to $571,802 million.
Source: SMSFs prefer cash despite falling rates